Saturday, March 22, 2014

What just happened ? - Kim and Kanye for Vogue April 2014


- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West for Vogue April 2014. When I saw this, the first thing that I thought was, Anna Wintour what were you thinking? With little more text on the side and pictures of some celebrities this cover would look like the cover of a gossip magazine, which is the most likely place to see Kim and Kanye.

What a setback for Vogue! To me Vogue represented a respectable Fashion Magazine with timeless inspirational issues, photos that would blow your mind with creative stories behind them. Vogue was the gold standard of publications when it comes to fashion, it represented the culturally sophisticated woman who is powerful and chic.

In my opinion Kim and Kanye represent non of the above. They are good for entertainment in other ways to some people and they should stick to that.  

I don't know if this is to create controversy and to take the Magazine to other levels but I really don't think this is the way to do that. At the moment the only thing that I love with Vogue is Grace Coddington.

4 comments:

Nora Rebekka said...

i think is a cute idea to have kim and kanye on the cover! i'm happy for them! xx

abigailalicex said...

I agree that kim is usually one for the gossip magazines, yet i also think that she should be allowed to break away from that genre. gossip magazines feed the minds of people who have nothing better to do that to read celebrity gossip but personally i don't think Kim or anyone should be defined by the mistakes in their past. I think Kim and Kanye are the most stylish couple around at the moment, some of their outfits are so amazing i definitely have wardrobe envy! therefore i don't mind them being on the cover. they're both more mature than they were and setting the trends which is actually what Vogue is all about!

http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

Alma Auni said...

I have to agree with abigail! I think that Kanye is an extremely talented artist, and Kim has phenomenal style, especially since her and kanye got together. I don't see how it is a problem that they are on the cover, and I think it's important to embrace all varieties of fashion avenues, not just the high profile actresses and models!

Lara Rose said...

I agree! Great that you posted it! Nice blog you have.